Low Carb Biscuits and Chaffles, Oh My!
Are you hungry for some healthy, low-carb options for breakfast, snack time, or sandwiches?
Check out these tasty recipes for biscuits and “chaffles” suitable for your keto, low-carb, gluten-free, or Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle!
30.7 carbs per recipe or 2.6 carbs per biscuit
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz cream cheese
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cultured buttermilk or yogurt
- Combine shredded cheese and cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Place in a food processor or high-powered blender and add eggs, almond and coconut flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and buttermilk. Pulse until combined.
- With moistened or oiled fingertips, roll into balls or spoon onto greased pan.
- Bake at 400F for 13 minutes.
Chaffles (Cheese Waffles)
2 cups shredded low-moisture/part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoon finely ground blanched almond flour
- Preheat waffle maker or waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Using a 1/8 cup measuring cup, add batter to waffle maker and cook at least 3 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy as a sweet or savory base for breakfasts, sandwiches, and more!
Does New Life Birth Center provide a 5-STAR experience for new moms?
Share a Google review to tell others all about it! Help us reach 5 s!
Your positive reviews help other families find New Life Birth Center.
Thank you for making a difference, and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your birth story!